Benefits of Linux Cloud Hosting
1. Cost cutting: Reduced cost for server hosting is certainly the biggest upshot of cloud hosting. Traditional IT management of servers with hardware upgrades and software maintenance is often tedious, not to mention expensive. However on the cloud system, you are getting increased software support along with virtually dedicated servers that would cost a fortune to implement by yourself in terms of physical setup. You are also getting all this at a reasonable price on an individual basis with great uptime and speed.
2. Backup services: One of the biggest concerns for any server admin is recovering lost data in case of any disaster or emergency. However, in terms of physical servers, it is extremely hard and often unreliable. In cloud hosting the data is always backed up with care, and relocated to another physical machine at moments of physical downtime.
3. Mobility: A great upside of cloud hosting is the mobility that comes with it. Since you do not have to bother with physical servers, geographic locations become irrelevant in terms of server and hosting management. You can access your server from anywhere in the world as long as you have an Internet connection.
4. Software updates: A great benefit of cloud hosting is that software updates are automatic, meaning you won’t have to bother with when and how to upgrade your system software if you don’t want to.
5. Fast configuration: Your full system can be ready and set to launch within a few minutes given all the specifications are finalized for the system in a cloud hosting environment. Since most of the back-end processes are automated, all you would need to do is to make sure you are configuring the data right, without worrying as much about the architectural specifications.
Read More »
Follow this steps to move your website from your old hosting to SparkaHost.
Step 1: Back up your website
Backup your website with FTP and FileZilla
You can make a backup of your website files by downloading a copy to your computer with FTP. You can use any FTP client to download your site – we recommend FileZilla.
Step 2: Upload your website
Now that you have a copy of your website files and databases on your computer, let’s upload those files to your control panel. Just like when you downloaded your website, you can use fileZilla to upload your website to your new control panel
Once you’ve connected, move all the files from your backup directory on your computer into the
public_html directory. This directory is the new web root directory for your hosting account. Make sure that your index file is part of that so that your site properly displays. Also, you want to make sure that the backup files themselves, and not the backup folder, is what is getting uploaded. For example, don’t upload a directory called “backup” into a directory called “public_html”; you want to upload the files inside the “backup” directory.
Now that your files are properly uploaded, you need to restore your database. Your database backup will be in the
db_backups folder, in a file named databasename.sql. Once you have located your backup, restore this into cPanel by:
- Create a new MySQL database
- Import your SQL file into the database
- Update your website’s connection strings to use your new database
Step 3: Preview your site
You want to make sure that your site looks correct before cancelling your old account. There are a few different ways to do this with control panel hosting.
- Use the preview your website
- Edit your hosts file on your computer to let you preview the domain on the control panel.